Hair Care: Essential Hair Oils
Natural essential oils for your hair can work wonders and assist you in growing healthy hair, while controlling dandruff, addressing scalp irritations and preventing hair loss. Especially for those of you that have gone “natural” you definitely need to assure you are adequately moisturizing your hair followed by an oil to seal. It is important through trial that you discover which hair oils respond better with your hair. Below are some of my favorite and popular oils for the hair.
1. Coconut Oil: My number one favorite. It’s packed with nutrients and excellent for moisturizing while improving hair strength and providing excellent shine. It is also great on the skin.
2. Argan Oil: Often referred to as “liquid gold”, Argan Oil which absorbs easily is high in vitamin E and has amazing benefits of softening the skin and hair.
3. Olive Oil: Olive Oil is excellent for deep conditioning and hot oil treatments. It is also loaded with antioxidants and improving hair strength.
4. Avocado Oil: Avocado Oil penetrates the hair shaft to strength strands offering awesome moisturizing benefits. Avocado Oil is full of proteins and Vitamins A, D, and C.
5. Castor Oil: Castor Oil which is known to thicken hair prevents thinning and helps reduce split ends. I personally like Jamaican Black Castor Oil.